One of my favorite childhood memories was from when I was 17 and a Senior at Bingham High School. Dad scheduled a trip to England and Italy in February, which turned out to be a miracle because COVID 19 shut down everything just a week or two after we got back. Part of our visit to Rome included the Rome Temple. The day before, we had visited the Vatican. At the Vatican everything was really extravagant. It was beautiful, but visiting the temple was much more rewarding. The Spirit was much stronger at the temple. I helped in the baptistry while Mom and Dad were in the endowment session. While in the baptistry, I helped a german family and a man named Walter Buono. Me and Walter did ordinances for 59 names. It was a really great experience. Afterwards we got to talk to Walter, and he had an awesome story. He had sacrificed everything to be baptized and join the Church. After I completed baptisms I had some time to spend in the temple grounds thinking about my upcoming mission. When I sat by one of the olive trees briefly, I thought about the sacrifice that the Savior had made for us in the Gethsemane. The Spirit confirmed to me that Jesus Christ lives and that His sacrifice is real. I knew that through His power I can be forgiven of my sins upon conditions of my repentance. I am very grateful that I had that experience because on my mission I used that testimony that I gained often.
No comments:
Post a Comment