Hi sweetie,
Happy Sunday! It was so great to talk to you twice this week for the 4th of July and p-day. As you know we were in Bear Lake and we missed you so it was great to be able to chat. We had a good time in Bear Lake. Last year it was raining most of the time but our weather this year was beautiful! It was sunny and 78 degrees every day. It was a little cold getting out of the water (and Bear Lake water is freezing) but it was so nice to be outside and not sweating. And we didn’t have to turn on the air conditioner in the trailer. We rented a boat which was fun too. We taught Michael and Mary to waterski and they loved it. Luke tried it too and he was able to get up but he didn’t love it as much. I was able to waterski and it was so much fun. It was good for me to know I can still do it. I’m grateful that I wasn’t sore after. All those fitness classes are worth it! The water was really choppy and one of the rental skiis was ripped where the foot goes in so that wasn’t great, but we had fun anyway. We’re pretty sure Bear Lake needs to be a yearly trip, so we look forward to having you with us next year. Although, Mary announced to us while we were in Bear Lake that she is for sure going on a mission hopefully in January, so she won’t be with us next summer. I’m sad to think about getting you home and then loosing Mary, but I’m also really happy for Mary. A mission develops a relationship with Heavenly Father like nothing else in life can. She will be a great missionary.
Dad went to Houston overnight last week for meetings and he has to do it again this week. Sometimes I get tired when I think about keeping up the pace your Dad does. We were all tired after Bear Lake but Dad jumped up this morning and has been at the Stake Center all day starting at 7:00am. Then tomorrow morning he will be off to work again. I am so grateful for his willingness to work hard, help us play hard, and serve the Lord.
I read a scripture in Alma 30:44 this morning that has had me thinking. Korihor (the anti-Christ) is asking for a sign that there is a God and Alma says, “the scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth and all things that are upon the face of it…” I have been thinking lately of the beauty of the earth that surrounds us. I am so grateful for this earth that was created for us. There is so much beauty in people and nature and I know the Lord is glad when we recognize it.
It made me think about our recent visit to the natural history museum in New York. The ticket agent told us that a documentary was included with our museum entrance ticket and she suggested we go to the movie about earth. It was sooooo hot and humid outside, so we welcomed some time in an air conditioned theater. We sat in a circular planetarium style theater and the movie started above our heads. I was amazed at the spectacular graphics and sound but then the movie started to explain scientifically how the earth was created by basically a big boom. At first I was overwhelmed. There were so many people being led astray by this nonsense. I wondered how we can teach the plan of salvation to all of them. Then my heart was calmed as I thought about you and the many other missionaries throughout the world that are spreading the word of God and teaching truth. I felt sad too. I was sad that the movie didn’t give any recognition to God for his goodness and the wonder of His creations. But most of all, I left the theater feeling grateful for the plan of salvation and the truth and joy that comes from living the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I hope you have a wonderful week. You are in our prayers.
Love you forever and ever,
Mom
Sunday, July 7, 2024
Bear Lake
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment