Sunday, July 14, 2024

Bike race, service, organ and AP score

Hi sweetie,

I hope you have had a good week. I know that there are a lot of emotions as you finish your mission. While it’s hard to leave the people you have come to love, it is also exciting to think about coming home. Please know that you are in our prayers as you cope with all the feelings that come at the end of your mission. You have been a wonderful missionary and we have felt the blessings of your service. Dad and I couldn’t be happier with the way you have chosen to serve the Lord.

We had quite a shock yesterday afternoon when we learned that there was an assassination attempt on President Trump at a rally in Pennsylvania. One civilian was killed and another is in critical condition. The gunman was killed as well. I can’t imagine the horror that the people in attendance must’ve experienced. I am so saddened by it all and my prayers are with this divided nation. 

It was kind of a rough week. Dad and I learned that Grandpa and Grandma Orton are in some financial trouble, so we spent some time this week trying to help them get things in order. It is a little discouraging to me but I’m praying a lot- mostly that I can be compassionate to their situation and they will have a change of heart and be able to better prioritize their resources. Dad put tithing in their new budget and we both testified that miracles will happen if they pay their tithing.

Sara went to Empower dance everyday this week and she will also go 3 days this week. She loves it and i’m glad.

Luke did some service at the Gale center for his youth city council position this week. It made me remember the time we used to spend at the Gale center when you guys were kids. Fun memories.
Oh, and Luke got a 5 on his AP world history test which is great!

I played the organ for the third time today. I was a little more nervous this time because I didn’t play simplified hymns but it worked out great. I really do love it and I feel the Lord blessing my efforts.

Mary played an intermediate piano solo in sacrament meeting today. It was lovely. I enjoyed sitting on the stand and watching how music calms, quiets, and causes people to reflect. Music is powerful.

Dad is busy in his stake president calling. It’s missionary season so he is frequently setting missionaries apart, releasing missionaries, etc… We have felt the blessings of Dad’s service.

We went to Michael’s mountain biking race in Park City this week. It was 10 degrees cooler in Park City than in the valley but it was still 94 degrees. Very hot but Michael did amazing!

We saw Parker Young at Cafe Rio yesterday. He came home sick in May and is now finishing as a service missionary. It was great to see him.

Dad is calling the U of U tomorrow and we will see if we can arrange for the writing class you need.
We love you dearly. 
Keep up the great work.
Love you forever and ever,
Mom




No comments: