Monday, July 22, 2024

Week 100 (last e-mail to Ben as a missionary)

Hi sweetie,

It is so exciting to think that you will be home in just 2 days! Today, as I was taking the sheets off your bed to wash them for your return, I was thinking about the day we dropped you off at the MTC. Dad and I were both very emotional and I remember thinking that the summer of 2024 was too far away. And yet somehow here we are! I am so grateful we were able to talk to you every week but some weeks felt long! It wasn’t easy but I wouldn’t trade the growth, experiences and blessings for anything. You are an amazing missionary and we are so grateful for your willingness to fulfill your priesthood responsibilities. Being a missionary is a great foundation and you will reflect on it for the rest of your life. Your relationship with the Savior will continue to grow as you keep the righteous habits you have learned on your mission. Just before you hung up on your last p-day, we were teary as we talked about the end of your mission. It’s hard to say goodbye to the people you have come to love but the Lord needs you to come home and continue on the path. You will always be a missionary. I am positive you will continue to help others come unto Christ through your friendship, example and love.

You are a remarkable young man and Dad and I feel blessed to be your parents. We love you dearly and we are always here for you. You are in our prayers as you transition from full-time missionary service to being a university student. You will continue to great things as you put the Lord first in your life.

Enjoy your last couple of days and we can’t wait to hug you on Wednesday!
Love you forever and ever,
Mom

P.S. It was so fun to receive TWO messages from people who saw you last week. ❤️



I took Luke and Sam to FSY at BYU today. We're checking Luke out to see you at the airport on Wednesday.

July 22, 2024   at 3:42 PM

Benjamin,

Mom and I are very proud of you for being such a great missionary. I'm very proud of what you accomplished and the experiences you've had. I just wanted to send one last email to tell you that I love you and we've felt very blessed by your service.

The Lord has taught you things and you've learned more about yourself. He will bless you the rest of your life for your service. You will think about your mission every day of your life and it will bring you strength and encouragement.

The Lord will bless you as you move into this next phase of your life. We love you and will be here to help you every step of the way.

Can't wait to see you.

Love,
Dad

No comments: